Fresh Mango Salad
- 1 large mango, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 0.25 cup sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts (NOTE 1)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garnish: 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 0.5 tsp lime zest
- 0.5 lime
- 0.5 grated fresh ginger (or 1/8 tsp ground powder ginger)
- 0.5 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp bottled sweet chili sauce
- MAKE DRESSING: Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- MAKE MANGE SALAD: Put mango, bean sprouts, pepper and green onion in a serving bowl. Just before serving (or 10-15 minutes before), add dressing and toss well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley if desired. Serve.
- NOTE 1: When eating fresh, uncooked bean sprouts (or mung beans), it's safest to use a package that says "ready to eat" to avoid E. coli and Salmonella, particularly for pregnant women and those with compromised immune systems.