Transform your cauliflower into something special with a wonderful blend of spices and a grill basket. Grilled Cauliflower is an easy healthy side dish for any meal, ready in in 15 minutes.
The trick to this recipe is using a grill basket. Similar to our Grilled Cabbage Slaw recipe, the grill basket is much easier than grilling cauliflower in ‘steaks’ or ‘wedges’. There’s no fussing and no chance of pieces falling through the grills. It keeps everything together beautifully – almost like sauteing in a fry pan, but you get a bonus with the char from the BBQ.
The blend of seasonings works well, but honestly, play around with various combinations yourself like I did to get the balance you like best. The variations are endless. You can even go plain and simple with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper.
Tailor To Your Taste
- Try other spice blends such as: curry; taco; cajun; italian; herbes de provence; lemon pepper or fajita.
- Drizzle a sauce on top such as pesto, vinaigrette, ranch.
- Sprinkle with herbs after grilling.
- Buy pre-cut cauliflower florets.
- Use a ready made spice blend you like.
Make Ahead Grilled Cauliflower
- This dish can be made ahead and warmed in the microwave for a minute or served at room temperature.
- Grill basket (optional but great).
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp each, salt and pepper (or more to taste)
- Garnish: squeeze of lemon, 1-2 chopped green onions
- Heat grill to medium high. Spray a grill basket with oil.
- PREPARE CAULIFLOWER: Cut core out of cauliflower then cut cauliflower into florets. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Add florets and toss to coat evenly. Place in grill basket.
- GRILL CAULIFLOWER: Grill for 8-10 minutes in total, depending on how soft you like your cauliflower. Stir occasionally.
- SERVE: Transfer to serving dish. Squeeze lemon juice (about 1/4 lemon) over cauliflower and sprinkle over chopped green onions if desired.
Other Cauliflower recipes you might like: