Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
- 6 large Portobello Mushrooms, stemmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp good balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 0.66666666666667 cup Panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 0.75 cup shredded Mozarella cheese (or Emmenthal), divided
- 3 tbsp finely chopped green onions or chives
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano (or thyme)
- 0.5 cup chopped tomato, juice squeezed out
- 2 cup fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup spiralized butternut squash (OPTIONAL)
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 0.5 tsp each salt and pepper (or to taste)
- PREPARE AND MARINATE MUSHROOMS: Wipe/clean top of mushroom caps with a paper towel. Using a spoon, gently scrape out the black gills in the inner side of the mushroom caps and discard. Mix together marinade ingredients, brush over top and bottom of mushrooms, then set aside for 20-30 minutes to marinate.
- PREPARE GRILL: Spray grill with oil or wipe grill with oil soaked paper towel. Heat BBQ grill to medium high.
- PREPARE STUFFING AND STUFF MUSHROOMS: In a medium bowl, combine all stuffing ingredients (leaving 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese for topping). Taste and adjust seasonings. Spoon stuffing into cavity of the 6 mushroom caps, pressing down slightly to adhere. Sprinkle on remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. If desired, sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese too.
- GRILL AND SERVE: Place mushrooms on grill, stuffing side up. Close lid and cook about 6-7 minutes. Serve immediately. Can be rewarmed under the broiler for 2 minutes if needed.