- Prep Time:3m
- Total Time:2h
- 12 ounces good quality milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate or combination, roughly chopped (or 2 cups chocolate chips)
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: 1/2-1 cup roasted nuts, raisins and/or dried cranberries; Pinch of sea salt (I highly recommend the salt!)
- PREPARE THE PAN: Spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with oil, especially the sides. Line it with a strip of parchment paper that covers the bottom of the pan and hangs over two opposite edges. This will allow you to easily lift out the fudge once firm.
- MAKE THE FUDGE: Place chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. Stir. If chocolate is still not fully melted, microwave another 30 seconds. When smooth, stir in vanilla (and sea salt, nuts and/or raisins if using). Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Chill in fridge for at least an hour or two.
- CUT AND SERVE: Remove fudge from pan by lifting out side flaps of parchment. Cut into squares. (hide some for yourself for later!). Store in an airtight container. Refrigeration is not necessary.