Please follow and like us:
- 1 chicken, cut in 8ths, trimmed of extra fat
Apricot Onion Glaze Sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup apricot jam (peach or marmalade ok too)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (1 clove) or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each, salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onions, about 1/2 spanish onion (I chop in food processor)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (this will help sauce stay on chicken)
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- MAKE THE SAUCE/GLAZE: In a large mixing bowl, add all sauce ingredients and mix to combine well. Taste and adjust if needed e.g. more salt, sugar, vinegar, etc. Add chicken and toss to coat evenly. You can let the chicken marinate in the sauce for a few hours or proceed to bake immediately.
- BAKE CHICKEN: Use a pan that will fit the chicken comfortably, but that is not too big. Line it with foil and spray with cooking oil. Place chicken and sauce in the pan in a single layer, skin side up. Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on size of chicken. Instant thermometer should read about 160F. Remove chicken and spoon sauce on top if some has slipped off. If desired, broil the chicken 8-10 inches from heat source for about 4 minutes to brown it on top. Watch that it doesn't burn. Transfer to a serving platter, spooning extra sauce on top (or in a separate small bowl to pass around). Serve with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.