Please follow and like us:
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Total Time: 1h
- 1 chicken, trimmed and cut into 8 pieces (or use white or dark meat pieces as preferred)
- 2 tablespoons parsley or green onions, chopped (optional for garnish)
Balsamic Glaze (can be doubled for passing extra sauce)
- 6 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- MAKE BALSAMIC GLAZE: Place all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and stir to combine. Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes until glaze thickens and coats the back of a spoon. (if doubling the glaze recipe, simmer for 8-10 minutes)
- PREPARE CHICKEN: Put chicken pieces in a large mixing bowl. Pour on balsamic glaze and mix to coat chicken evenly. (At this point you can refrigerate for several hours or night before if you like). Place chicken on a baking pan lined with foil and sprayed with oil.
- BAKE: Bake chicken for 40-50 minutes, depending on size of chicken pieces or until an instant thermometer reads 160-165F. FINISH OFF WITH A QUICK BROIL IF DESIRED: To get a nice shiny finish, turn on broiler and raise oven grill to 6 inches from the heat. Broil for 3-4 minutes, watching to make sure it doesn't burn. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Sprinkle with parsley or green onions if desired and serve immediately.