- Total Time:15m
- Serves: 4
- 3 navel oranges, sliced
- 1 red grapefruit, sliced and cut
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 head, butter or boston lettuce, ripped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups spinach leaves, stems removed, ripped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted nuts (pumpkin, sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, pecans or walnuts)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice from fresh lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil (I don't use extra virgin for this)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- PREPARE CITRUS FRUIT and VINAIGRETTE: Place sliced oranges and grapefruit in a bowl. In a separate bowl , whisk together lemon, dijon, salt and pepper. Slowly add olive oil while whisking, until well blended. Pour over citrus fruit and gently toss together.
- ASSEMBLE: Mix lettuce and spinach together and divide among 4 plates (or lay out on a large shallow bowl). Place fruit over the lettuce and sprinkle with toasted nuts.