Turn a boring tomato and noodles dish into something spectacular! Loaded with tons of veggies and ricotta and ready in under 30 mins. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
- Prep Time:10h
- Cook Time:20h
- Total Time:30h
- 250 grams Bucatini pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce/tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup 15% cream (or 10% half and half)
- 1/2 cup creamy ricotta cheese
- salt/pepper to taste
- pinch red chili flakes (optional)
- Boil water with salt and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- PREPARE VEGGIES: While pasta is cooking, put oil into large saute pan over medium heat. Add sliced onions first and cook for approx 3 mins until soft and translucent. Add pepper slices and broccoli florets. Saute for approx 3-4 mins, stirring frequently. Finally add zucchini and continue cooking covered for another 3-4 mins.
- FINISH SAUCE & DISH: Lower heat to medium low. Pour in marinara sauce, cream and ricotta stirring to cover all the vegetables well. Simmer for approx 5-7 mins (add chili flakes now if using). Season with salt and pepper according to taste. Toss in the pasta. Add some pasta water to smooth out sauce only if necessary. Plate with fresh Parmesan and parsley or enjoy as is. Serve immediately.