- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 4
- spring mix lettuce for 4 people (4-5 ounces)
- 6 figs, fresh or dried, sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (or more)
- 1 avocado, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces and tossed with 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- MAKE THE SALAD: Place lettuce in a large, wide-mouthed bowl. Sprinkle over top the figs, avocado (if using), goat cheese (if using) and pomegranate seeds.
- MAKE THE BALSAMIC DRESSING: Place all dressing ingredients in a lidded container. Shake until blended. Alternatively, whisk ingredients together until well blended. Drizzle on dressing just before serving.