- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:10m
- Total Time:20m
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 4 corn on the cob, husks removed
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 ripe, but firm avocado, peeled and diced (use a whole one if you like)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives or green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro or more, to taste
- 1 lime (about 2 tbsp juice plus 1 tsp zest)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce (or to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- GRILL THE CORN AND PEPPER: Heat grill to medium high. Grill corn until lightly browned (with a few char bits) on all sides, about 10 minutes total. Grill whole pepper at the same time, charring the outside. Wrap the pepper in paper or a bag. This will make peeling the skin easier. Let cool for easier handling if you have time. Otherwise, use a paper towel to protect your fingers. Using a sharp knife, stand up each corn and slide the knife down each side to cut off the kernels. This takes about 7 seconds per corn. Peel and dice the red pepper.
- MAKE THE LIME VINAIGRETTE: In a small cup, whisk all lime vinaigrette ingredients together.
- ASSEMBLE: Place the corn, pepper, avocado, chives and cilantro in a medium bowl. Pour over the vinaigrette. Gently mix everything together. Taste and adjust seasonings - more of this, more of that - until you're happy with it. Let the salad sit for awhile at room temperature or in the fridge to let the flavours blend (if you have time).