- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:25m
- Serves: 6
- Yield: 3 cups chunky applesauce
- 6 cups cored, chopped apples (2 1/4 pounds, 5 medium). I leave peel on.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or more if apples are tart)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon softened butter (optional)
- Place chopped apples, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook on medium-low for about 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and butter. Mix in. Taste and adjust as needed (e.g. add more sugar or cinnamon; add a few drops of lemon if too sweet.) Crush apples with a large spoon or potato masher to desired texture.