- Prep Time:8m
- Cook Time:16m
- Total Time:30m
- 1 cup room temperature salted butter (2 sticks). If using unsalted, add 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1/2 cup icing (confectioners) sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup icing (confectioner) sugar)
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 tablespoon corn syrup (OPTIONAL) - makes glaze glossy
- Preheat oven to 350F
- MAKE COOKIE DOUGH: In a processor, process butter and icing sugar until creamy smooth, about 1 minute. Add vanilla, cornstarch, lime zest and flour. Pulse with quick on/off turns just until dough starts to get crumbly and ingredients are combined. Empty onto a cutting board or parchment paper and gently shape dough together into one big blob.
- FORM COOKIES: Line a large cookie sheet/pan (17" x 12") with parchment paper. Or use two pans. Using clean hands, break off a small piece of dough, roll into a 1 1/2 inch ball. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat until all dough is gone. I make 35 balls that all fit in one large plan. With tines of a fork, flatten balls to just over 1/4 inch and make a criss-cross pattern. (Tip: dip fork into flour if dough is sticky).
- BAKE AND COOL: Bake cookies in middle rack for 16 minutes or until edges are starting to lightly brown. Transfer to cooling rack.
- MAKE GLAZE: While cookies are baking, mix glaze ingredients together with whisk or fork. When cookies are cooled (if you can wait!), brush glaze on each cookie with a pastry brush. Glaze will harden in about 30 minutes. At this point, store or freeze cookies in ziploc bag or container.