Pop one of these mini glazed cinnamon puff pastry bites into your mouth for a buttery, flaky, sweet, cinnamon-y explosion. Easy, quick and yummy.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:18m
- Total Time:28m
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 3 tablespoons white or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup toasted crushed pecans, hazelnuts or pistachios (optional)
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk or water
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon soft butter (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large pan with parchment paper.
- MAKE PUFF PASTRY ROLL-UPS: Unfold puff pastry dough (or roll out to 1/4 inch) and stretch to a 10 x 10 inch square. Spread soft butter over dough. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on nuts if using. (Alternatively, leave out nuts and sprinkle on when rolls are baked and glazed). Press lightly with palm of hands to help toppings adhere to dough. Cut puff pastry in two. For each half, beginning at one edge, roll up (not too tightly). Pinch dough along length to keep it in a roll. You will have 2 logs/rolls. Cut horizontally into 12 pieces each. Place each mini roll, CUT SIDE UP, on pan.
- BAKE: for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- MAKE GLAZE: While rolls are baking, add all glaze ingredients into a small bowl and stir until smooth. If too thick, add a few drops of liquid. If too thin, add more icing sugar. Orange zest is optional (but delicious).
- FINISH: Spread some glaze on each mini roll. If you left out nuts while baking. sprinkle them on top. Store in sealed container (if there are any left).