- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:10m
- Total Time:55m
- Graham crackers (about 30 doubles for a larger 17 x 11 pan; less for smaller ones)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup toasted macadamia nuts ( or chopped toasted hazelnuts, almonds, pecans)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi sweet, dark or milk)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or disks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon finishing salt (like Maldon)
- Heat oven to 375F
- PREPARE BASE: Line a 10 x 15 inch pan with parchment papers. Lay out Graham crackers in a single layer to cover the whole pan. NOTE: You can use a larger pan like I did, but the toffee layer will be thinner - still great!
- MAKE THE TOFFEE COATING: In a medium pot, heat butter and brown sugar to medium high. Stir until melted and allow it to come to a boil. Lower heat to medium and boil for 3 minutes undisturbed. Pour over graham crackers and spread evenly with a spatula.
- ADD NUTS AND BAKE: Sprinkle nuts evenly over the toffee layer. Bake for 8-10 minutes until bubbly. Remove from oven.
- ADD GARNISHES: Microwave chocolate and white chocolate chips in two separate small bowls for 2 minutes on medium. Stir until smooth. Using a fork, splatter/drizzle each over the graham toffee bars. Sprinkle on cranberries if using, pressing with fingers a bit to make them stick. Sprinkle on salt.
- SET AND BREAK INTO PIECES: Let bars set in pan for an hour to cool. Or put in freezer for 20-30 minutes. Break into pieces with your hands. Store in airtight container or ziploc bags. Keeps in freezer well. Serve at room temperature.