- Prep Time:7m
- Cook Time:23m
- Total Time:30m
- 1 apple, cored and sliced into thin wedges (about 1/4 inch thick) - I used Gala
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour (or as needed)
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400F
- PREPARE THE TART: Spread softened butter on an 8 inch pie plate. Sprinkle brown sugar to cover the bottom. Arrange apples, overlapping, around the outer edge, then the inner edge, covering the entire bottom of the pie plate. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons flour over the apples to help absorb the juices (and avoid a soggy crust). Unfold the dough (or roll to 1/8 inch). Cut out a round piece of dough to fit the pie plate - about 8 inches across (you will have leftover dough). Don't fuss too much - you can trim it after. Lay the dough on the apples and tuck the edges downward all around the inside edge of the pie plate.
- BAKE AND SERVE: Bake the tarte for 23-25 minutes or until a deep golden brown. Remove from oven. Invert onto a plate. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream. The tart can sit on the counter for several hours. You can rewarm it for a few minutes in a 350F oven or eat it at room temperature.