- Prep Time:7m
- Cook Time:3m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 6
- Yield: 12 tomato halves
- 6 small tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup grated gruyere or raclette cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup panko or any type of breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chives or green onions, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, finely ground (optional)
- Preheat broiler and place rack 4 inches from top of oven.
- ASSEMBLE: Place tomato halves, cut-side up, on foil-lined pan that is sprayed with cooking oil. Spread mustard on each tomato, then top with Gruyère or Raclette cheese (and parmesan if using).
- ADD TOPPING: Combine breadcrumb topping ingredients in a small bowl. Divide evenly among the tomatoes.
- BROIL: Broil tomatoes for 2-3 minutes or until topping is bubbly and light brown (be careful not to burn them).