This recipe was inspired by a Crock Pot recipe and my good friend Mike (aka @omgchampagne) and is the perfect dish to celebrate the fall season with! It can be made as a vegetarian main dish (or vegan if you leave out the cheese) or served as a side.
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:3h 30m
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 1 Can of Pumpkin (398ml)
- 1 1/4 cups Arborio Rice
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- 3 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated (optional)
- garnish: chopped parsley, chives or fried sage
- Put in all of the ingredients with the exception of the Parmesan cheese into your slower cooker and give it a stir (put in the vegetable broth last).
- Put the slow cooker on the high setting and let it cook for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. (IMPORTANT NOTE: we've tried this recipe with different slow cookers and the times varied from 2 to 4 hours (the longer time included a couple of peaks under the lid). As with all slow cookers, every time you lift the lid, you add 30 minutes or more of cooking time!)
- When finished, stir in your Parmesan cheese if using and serve right away. The longer it sits around, the less al dente it will become.