- Prep Time:30m
- Cook Time:12m
- Total Time:42m
- Serves: 2
- 2 salmon fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons pineapple or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I use a bit more)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- MARINATE SALMON: Place juice, maple syrup and soy in a ziploc bag along with salmon. Marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- MAKE RUB: Combine all Rub ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- PREPARE SALMON: Remove salmon fillets from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Place salmon fillets on a rimmed pan lined with foil. (I spray the foil with oil for easy clean up). Generously sprinkle rub on top and sides of salmon (if you have a little extra and your salmon has no skin, cover that too).
- ROAST SALMON AND SERVE: Roast salmon for 10-12 minutes just until it flakes (rule of thumb is 10 minutes per inch of thickness). Don't overcook. Salmon should be medium with a bit of darker pink in the middle if you don't want it dry. Serve hot or at room temperature with lemon slices. Can be cooled, then refrigerated for a day and brought to room temperature before serving.