Ribs With Peach Bourbon Sauce Recipe
- 1 rack baby back ribs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 tbsp EACH: chili powder, garlic powder, brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Bourbon Peach Sauce
- 0.33333333333333 cup Bourbon
- 0.75 cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 0.75 tbsp onion powder
- 0.75 tsp garlic powder
- 0.75 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup diced fresh peaches (about 4 small peaches)
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- MAKE RUB: Combine all rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- PREPARE RIBS: Rinse ribs, Pat dry. Remove the silver skin on the back of the ribs (NOTE 1). Cut rack in half. Line a pan with tin foil. Generously sprinkle rub on both sides of ribs. Wrap each half separately in foil then place on pan. Cover entire pan with another piece of foil.
- BAKE RIBS: Place pan in oven and bake for 1 3/4 - 2 hours or until tip of knife slides easily into meat. (Ribs can be cooled, then refrigerated for up to 2 days at this point in sealed bags or container.)
- MAKE SAUCE: (while ribs are baking) Bring bourbon to boil. Stir in rest of ingredients. Bring to boil, then lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened. If not thick enough, uncover and simmer another 5 minutes.
- GLAZE AND FINISH ON GRILL: Spray oil on clean grill and heat to medium high. Brush sauce onto ribs. Grill for 4-6 minutes until char marks form, flipping once. If ribs were cooked earlier and are cold, a bit more time might be needed. Brush on additional sauce, cut into serving pieces and serve. ALTERNATIVE BROILER METHOD: Place warm or room temperature ribs meat side down on foil lined pan. Sauce the side facing up and broil about 6 inches from heat for 3 minutes . Flip over. Sauce the meaty side and broil another 3-4 minutes or until heated through and beginning to brown.
- NOTE 1: TO REMOVE SILVER SKIN: On the back of rib rack (bone side), slide tip of knife under skin at small end of rack. Loosen skin from bone, then grab it with a paper towel and peel the skin off entire rib. It should peel away in one large sheet. If it doesn't, try again.