Pesto, Ricotta Crostini Recipe
Guests rave about these Pesto Ricotta Crostini appetizers. So simple to make and the flavor combination is fantastic.
Servings (change as needed): 6 (12 appetizers)
- 4-6 slices multigrain, baguette, ciabatta or Italian bread 1/2 inch thick (these will be cut to give 12 bite size appetizers)
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic cut in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup pesto (Note 1)
- 1 large peach or 2 small, cut into small pieces (sprinkle with a teaspoon sugar if peaches aren't sweet enough)
- OPTIONAL: balsamic glaze/reduction homemade (Note 2) or from bottle
MAKE CROSTINI: Toast bread to golden brown. Lightly brush one side of toasts with olive oil, then rub the cut half of garlic clove on the toasts.
ASSEMBLE: On each toast, spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese, add a layer of pesto. Sprinkle with cut peaches. Cut each toast into 2-3 smaller pieces. Lay appetizers on a platter. Just before serving, drizzle with Balsamic glaze/reduction if using.
- Pesto: Use any pesto you like or make our Classic Basil Pesto recipe:
- Process in food processor until smooth: 1 cup packed Basil leaves, 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts, 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1/4 olive oil. (makes 1/2 cup).
- Balsamic Glaze/Reduction: If you can't find a bottle of Balsamic Glaze/Reduction at the store, you can make it by bringing to boil 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar, then reducing heat to a simmer and simmering for about 15 minutes until it reduces by half to a syrup consistency (thick enough to coat the back of a spoon).