Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
If you are looking for a low carb, satisfying vegetarian side dish, Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry is a great way to go. And it's super healthy with cauliflower, carrots, spinach and beets.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings (change as needed): 4 sides
- 1 head of cauliflower florets, core and stems removed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut into large pieces
- 4 cup fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp butter or olive oil (or combination)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (1/3-1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 beet, roasted or boiled and peeled, cut into thin julienne slices
'RICE' CAULIFLOWER AND CARROTS: Place cauliflower florets and carrots in a food processor. Pulse about 10 times (or more if needed) until they resemble rice. You may have to do this in two batches, depending on size of processor.
STEAM CAULIFLOWER RICE: Place 'rice' in a frying pan or wok. Add a tablespoon or two of water and heat to medium. Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until al dente (not too soft). Uncover and stir fry another minute while stirring to eliminate any accumulated water.
MAKE SEASONED DRESSING: Make dressing while cauliflower is steaming. If using butter, melt it in the microwave for 20 seconds. If using oil, place oil in a small bowl or measuring cup. Add garlic, green onions, salt, pepper, lemon juice and stir to combine.
ADD SPINACH: Add chopped fresh spinach to cauliflower rice and stir to combine. Spinach will wilt in a minute or two.
FINISH THE DISH: Pour in dressing and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add a pile of beets on top (or mix them in) and serve.