Tomato Spinach Pasta
This spicy cheesy Tomato Spinach Pasta is a quick and easy vegetarian meal. Melty cheese, tangy olives and healthy spinach. A meal in a skillet.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings (change as needed): 4
- 1.5 cup dry fusilli (or other) pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped (or 4-5 cocktail)
- 2 tsp garlic, minced (2 cloves)
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce (we use White Linen from Costco)
- 5 cup fresh baby spinach (or 1 cup thawed and well-drained frozen spinach)
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese (or balls, cubed)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
BOIL PASTA: Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
MAKE SAUCE: Heat oil in a skillet to medium high. Add chopped tomatoes. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and olives and saute for another minute. Add tomato sauce, then spinach and stir until wilted and heated through, about 2 -3 minutes. Stir in chili flakes.
FINISH PASTA: Add Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and stir until melted (or leave Parmesan to pass on the side). Add salt and pepper if needed (olives are salty so may not be needed). Serve with warm crusty bread and butter or garlic bread. This pasta is also great reheated the next day.