Spiced Herb Popcorn Recipe
Change it up a bit with this savory Spiced Herb Popcorn. Herb-y, lemon-y, garlic-y, smoky and a bit of heat. Great as a snack or appetizer. Addictive!
Servings (change as needed): 8 cups
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon butter (or neutral tasting olive oil)
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoon finely minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped herbs (or 1 tablespoon dried) e.g. any combination of rosemary, thyme, basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- optional: pinch of chili powder or cumin
MAKE POPCORN: Place 1 tablespoon oil in pot with a lid and heat to medium. Add 2-3 corn kernels and cover pot. When kernels pop, add the rest of the kernels and cover. Continue popping, shaking regularly, until popping stops and all (or most) of kernels are popped. Transfer to large bowl.
PREPARE SPICES and MIX WITH POPCORN: In same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and chili flakes. Cook for 30 seconds. Mix in rest of the seasonings and herbs. Cook for another 30 seconds. Pour over popcorn and combine well. Taste and adjust seasonings.
To Store: When cooled, store in airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 3 days.
Nutrition values are estimates for 1 cup (8 grams) of popcorn
Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 29mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 402IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg