Roasted Shrimp with Gremolata Dressing
Toss plump roasted shrimp with a zesty Gremolata dressing of fresh parsley, lemon, garlic and olive oil for a delicious simple light dish. In less than 20 minutes, you can have an elegant dinner on the table or an impressive appetizer for your guests.
Servings (change as needed): 6 appetizer (2-3 main dish)
- 1 pound (450g) large shrimp (16-20 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (60g) finely chopped fresh parsley I use curly parsley
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoon -4 olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish (optional): fine strips of lemon peel (don't include the white pith underneath)
HEAT OVEN to 425F/218c
PREPARE AND ROAST SHRIMP: In a medium microwavable bowl, add butter, oil, garlic and green onions. Microwave for 10-15 seconds just until butter is melted. Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and add them to bowl. Toss to combine. Let sit for 10-15 minutes if you have time. Line a large pan with tin foil. Place shrimp mixture on the pan and spread out the shrimp in a single layer. Lightly salt and pepper. Roast in center of oven for 6-8 minutes until no longer translucent and just cooked through. Note 1.
MAKE THE GREMOLATA DRESSING: Combine all Gremolata ingredients in a small bowl and mix together.
ASSEMBLE AND SERVE: Spoon shrimp onto a platter and top with the gremolata dressing. Sprinkle on strips of lemon peel if desired. Serve with rice and vegetables as a main dish. Or serve as an appetizer (hot or room temperature) with toothpicks or forks.
Nutrition values are estimates.
- To boil shrimp: Instead of roasting you can boil shrimp. Place peeled, deveined shrimp in boiling salted water. Bring back to boil, lower to medium-low heat and cook for 3 minutes for just until shrimp turn pink and lose their translucence. Drain and then run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Make ahead:
- As an appetizer, these shrimp can be made a day ahead and kept in the fridge. Serve cold.
- As a main dish, you can make the gremolata dressing several days ahead.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 196mg | Sodium: 995mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 2mg