Green Curry Vegetables
Making things from scratch isn't for everyone, especially during the week when we all tend to be busier. I love trying out new pre-made sauces/packages and making it my own. Green Curry Vegetables - ready in 20 minutes. Delish!
Servings (change as needed): 3 (or two large portions)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable Oil
- 1 red Pepper, cut into 1/2" wide strips
- 1 small onion, cut into thin slices
- 4 ounce Shitaki Mushrooms, sliced (about 8 mushrooms)
- 1 broccoli Head, cut into florets
- 6-8 Baby Bok Choy, cut into quarters lengthwise (or halves if very small)
- 1 can Coconut Milk (400ml/13.5 oz) - regular or lite
- 1 package Kanokwan Green Curry Paste (or 1 tablespoon green curry paste)
- 1 teaspoon ground Coriander seed
- 1 pinch Cayenne (optional...this dish is already spicy!)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
SAUTE VEGETABLES: Heat oil in a medium wok or frying pan to medium high. Add peppers, mushrooms and onions. Saute for 4 minutes until softened.
ADD COCONUT, CURRY AND OTHER VEGETABLES: Pour in coconut milk. Add Kanokwan Green Curry Paste with 1/4 cup water (or other pre-made curry paste) - and cayenne if using. Stir until smooth. Cook for a few minutes. Add broccoli and bok choy. Stir to combine with sauce. Cover and lower heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes until vegetables are tender but still have a bit of crunch, stirring once or twice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
SERVE: Serve immediately over noodles (preferably Asian like ramen) or steamed rice.
Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Sodium: 503mg | Potassium: 1186mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4974IU | Vitamin C: 253mg | Calcium: 181mg | Iron: 7mg