Endive Appetizers With Ricotta and Gems
These Endive Appetizers with ricotta and "gems" are super light and easy to make. Beautiful contrasting colors, textures and flavors. And the variations are endless.
Servings (change as needed): 4 (8-10 pieces)
- 2 endives
- 3/4 cup smooth ricotta cheese, approximately
- 1/4 cup dried currants (or dried cranberries or raisins)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted almonds
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced red pepper
- 1 tbsp minced fresh chives or green onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp honey (or to taste) - or drizzle of balsamic reduction
- pinch kosher salt and pepper
- Optional: 1/4 tsp sriracha
PREPARE ENDIVES: Cut off ends and separate the leaves. Arrange 8-10 of the larger ones on a platter. Spread a dollop of ricotta on the bottom third of each endive leaf (just less than a tablespoon or as you like).
MAKE TOPPING MIXTURE: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for topping mixture. Taste and adjust seasonings.
FINISH APPS: Place about 1/2-3/4 Tablespoon of mixture on top of ricotta on each endive leaf. If desired, drizzle balsamic reduction all over just before serving or sprinkle with additional chives or chopped parsley.
Make Ahead: Appetizers will keep for a few hours in the fridge. Or make the mixture ahead, prepare the endives and assemble just before serving.
Nutrition values are estimates and based on 2 appetizers per person.
Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 248mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 347IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 1mg