Maple Salmon with Peach Salsa
Mouthwatering maple salmon with peach salsa is an impressive company-worthy dish bursting with flavor. And easy to make.
Servings (change as needed): 2
- 1 lb salmon fillet (2 fillets or one larger piece)
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups peaches, diced, skin on (about 3-4 peaches)
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp powdered ginger)
- 1 tbsp green onion, minced (or more)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp sriracha (optional)
- 2 tbsp herbs (e.g. chives, parsley)
Preheat oven to 425F
MARINATE THE SALMON: Put maple syrup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and pepper in a sealed bag. Squish to blend. Add salmon. Marinate salmon for 20 minutes.
MAKE THE SALSA: Place all salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
ROAST THE SALMON: Remove salmon from marinade. Reserve the marinade. Place salmon on a foil lined pan, sprayed with oil. Pour the reserved marinade into a small microwavable measuring cup or bowl. Add the cornstarch and blend. Microwave for 40 seconds to thicken glaze. Pour over salmon. reserving 1 tbsp to glaze after roasting. Roast Salmon for 8-12 minutes (depending on thickness of salmon) or until just flaky and still a bit warmer pink inside. Figure 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Don't overdo it. Brush with remaining glaze.
SERVE: Place roasted salmon on a large serving dish or individual plates. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately with peach salsa on top or on the side. Note 1 to make ahead.
Nutrition values are estimates based on larger portions of 1/2 lb salmon per person.
- Make Ahead: Salmon can made ahead, cooled, refrigerated for up to 2 days and served cold or room temperature. If serving the next day, make the salsa on the day of serving.
Calories: 590kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 1435mg | Potassium: 1533mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 728IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3mg