Shrimp Lettuce Wrap with Mango Slaw Recipe
If you believe that a low calorie, low carb, healthy, gluten-free and low fat dish can't be absolutely delicious, Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Mango Slaw will prove you wrong.
Servings (change as needed): 4
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined (medium shrimp is ok too)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (or pinch, garlic powder)
- olive oil (1-2 tsp)
- salt and pepper
- 1 Boston/Bibb/Butter lettuce, leaves, separated (iceberg lettuce is ok too)
- Garnish: lime wedges, chopped cilantro
- 1 small mango, pitted, peeled and diced small (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced small (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped (1 green onion)
- 1 cup broccoli slaw, undressed) (or cabbage slaw) I buy it shredded in package.
Dressing for Mango Slaw
- 2 tablespoon Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce (I use Thai)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated (1/2 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce (optional)
- pinch kosher salt
PREPARE LETTUCE: Lay out lettuce leaves on a tray or individual plates.
ROAST SHRIMP: Heat oven to 425F. Toss shrimp with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and lay in single layer on pan lined with foil (for easy clean up). Roast shrimp for 6 minutes or just until they lose their translucence. If shrimp are medium, roast for 5 minutes. Note 1. Cut shrimp into chunks. I cut large shrimp into three pieces and medium into two pieces.
MAKE MANGO SLAW DRESSING: Combine ingredients in small bowl and mix well.
MIX MANGO SLAW WITH SHRIMP: Add mango slaw ingredients and chopped shrimp in a bowl. Pour on dressing and mix to combine.
ASSEMBLE AND SERVE: Divide shrimp and mango slaw mixture among 8-10 lettuce leaves. Garnish with a squeeze of lime and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Make Ahead: Make the shrimp and mango slaw dressing ahead. Leave the slaw (or at least the dicing of the avocado) and filling the lettuce wraps until just before serving.
Nutrition values are estimates.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 876mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2098IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 3mg