Glazed Pork Tenderloin
A rich, bold-flavored balsamic maple sauce is the crowning glory of this succulent glazed pork tenderloin. Simple and mouth-watering.
Servings (change as needed): 3
- 1 1/4 pounds (567kg) pork tenderloin (1 tenderloin)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- kosher salt, black pepper and dried rosemary (or thyme) to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon good Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon grainy (old fashioned) mustard
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon minced or grated garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
PREPARE TENDERLOIN: If necessary, remove any silver skin left on the tenderloin (stringy white silvery connective tissue) with a small sharp knife. To prepare for grilling, rub with oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary (or thyme if you prefer). Note 1 to brine
HEAT GRILL to medium high - about 400F/204C.
PREPARE GLAZE: In a microwavable small bowl or measuring cup, add all ingredients and stir. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir again.
GRILL TENDERLOIN: (see Note 2 to roast instead). Grill tenderloin about 4-5 minutes, turn, then baste with glaze. Cook several more minutes, then turn and baste the other side with glaze. You will use about 1/2 the glaze. Cook for about 8-13 minutes in total or until instant thermometer reads 140F/60C for medium with a little pink center (or 145F/62.8C for little to no pink). Both temps will rise by 5 degrees with resting. Cover loosely with foil and let meat rest for 10 minutes.
SLICE AND SERVE: Slice meat, drizzle with remaining glaze, (that has been warmed in microwave), and serve with apple sauce or your favorite sides.
Nutrition values are estimates.
- To brine the pork tenderloin (optional): If desired and if you have time, brine the tenderloin for 2-4 hours before preparing for grilling. This makes it more even flavorful and tender. To brine, submerge tenderloin in a bowl or ziploc bag filled with 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons salt, 1/2 tablespoon sugar, a clove of garlic and some herbs - mixed together. Place in fridge.
- To roast (instead of grill); Heat oven to 450F/232C. Coat with half the glaze then roast for 15-20 minutes or until temperature of tenderloin reaches 140F/60C. Tent loosely with foil for 10 minutes, slice and serve with extra sauce. Temp will rise by 5 degrees. For little to no pink, roast to 145F/62.8C.
- Make ahead: The glaze can be made a day or two ahead. Or, the entire dish can be made ahead, refrigerated and served cold or at room temperature. If you like, you can reheat the remaining sauce to drizzle over the meat before serving.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 671mg | Potassium: 814mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 233IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg