Easy Chocolate Fudge (3 minutes)
Question: How do you make easy chocolate fudge? Better question: How do you make creamy, melt-in-your mouth, no-fail chocolate fudge with 3 ingredients, 3 steps in 3 minutes? Read on...
Servings (change as needed): 36 pieces (or 25 larger pieces)
- 12 ounce good quality chocolate, roughly chopped Note 1 (or 2 cups pure chocolate chips)
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk, Note 2 about 1 1/4 cups, 300-397g
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: 1/2-1 cup roasted nuts, coconut, raisins, peanut butter and/or dried cranberries; Pinch of sea salt (I highly recommend the sea salt!)
PREPARE THE PAN: Spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with oil, especially the sides. Line it with a strip of parchment paper that covers the bottom of the pan and hangs over two opposite edges. This will allow you to easily lift out the fudge once firm.
MAKE THE FUDGE: Place chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. Stir. If chocolate is still not fully melted, microwave another 30 seconds. When smooth, stir in vanilla (and sea salt, nuts and/or raisins if using). Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pan. Chill in fridge for at least an hour.
CUT AND SERVE: Remove fudge from pan by lifting out side flaps of parchment. Cut into squares. (hide some for yourself for later!). Store in an airtight container. Refrigeration is not necessary. Can be frozen.
Nutrition Values do not include options like nuts, sea salt or cranberries.
- Chocolate - use any combination of chocolate - milk, dark or semi-sweet. Lindt and Ghiradelli are high quality brands. Godiva is another option. Pure chocolate chips are fine too (including other flavors such as peanut, coffee, cinnamon etc).
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Make sure you use sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk
- Note that Canadian cans are slightly smaller than US cans (300 vs 390g), but fine to use in this recipe - no need to use extra.
- Here's a recipe to make your own sweetened condensed milk from scratch if you prefer including a dairy free or sugar-free option option.
- You can also buy vegan sweetened condensed milk on Amazon for a vegan version - or make it yourself. Or a fat free sweetened condensed milk.
- Make Ahead: Make this fudge several days ahead if you like, storing it in a sealed container or bag. No need to refrigerate. It can also be frozen for several months.
Calories: 84kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 68mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg