Cheddar Biscuits With Bisquick
I am not a huge Red Lobster fan, but I do love these copycat cheddar biscuits with bisquick. Soft and warm and cheesy with a hint of garlic. Delish!
Servings (change as needed): 8 biscuits
- 2 cups Bisquick mix It comes in a box
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cold butter (OPTIONAL) Some say this makes the biscuits fluffier
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
To brush on baked biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
Preheat oven to 400F/204C.
MAKE DOUGH: In a medium bowl, mix Bisquick and garlic powder together with a fork. If using butter, add it and blend with your fingers or pastry blender until the butter is pea size. Add milk and cheese, then gently combine with a fork to form a soft dough. Do not over mix. Handle dough as little as possible.
BAKE: Spoon 8 lumps of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I line the pan with parchment paper). Bake 15 minutes until lightly browned. Remove biscuits from the oven.
MAKE BUTTER TOPPING: In a small measuring cup or microwavable bowl, add butter, garlic powder and parsley. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
FINISH: Brush biscuits with melted butter mixture immediately. Transfer to plate and serve warm.
Make Ahead: Here are 3 options to make them ahead
To make your own dough from scratch: Here's a great recipe from Damn Delicious
Nutritional values are estimated and do not include the optional cold butter.
- Make the dough ahead (but not more than 1-2 hours ahead). Then bake and brush them with butter before serving.
- Have all the ingredients ready separately and combine them as close to the time of baking and serving as possible.
- Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes, brush them with the butter mixture and finish baking them for the last 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 530mg | Potassium: 95mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 382IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 1mg