Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
I'm not huge Red Lobster fan, but I do love those Red Lobster cheddar biscuits they bring to the table after you order. Soft and warm and cheesy with a hint of garlic. Really good.
Servings (change as needed): 4 (8 biscuits)
- 2 cup Bisquick mix It comes in a box
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoon cold butter (OPTIONAL) Some say this makes the biscuits fluffier
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
To brush on baked biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
Preheat oven to 400F.
MAKE DOUGH: In a medium bowl, mix Bisquick and garlic powder together with a fork. If using butter, add it and blend with your fingers or pastry blender until the butter is pea size. Add milk and cheese, then gently combine with a fork to form a soft dough. Do not over mix. Handle dough as little as possible.
BAKE: Spoon 8 lumps of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I line the pan with parchment paper). Bake 15 minutes until lightly browned. Remove biscuits from the oven. a
MAKE BUTTER TOPPING: In a small measuring cup or microwavable bowl, add butter, garlic powder and parsley. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
FINISH: Brush biscuits with melted butter mixture immediately. Transfer to plate and serve warm.
Make Ahead: I suggest you don't make the dough too much ahead of time and let it sit on the counter or fridge for very long. Here's a few options:
To make your own dough from scratch: Here's a great recipe from Damn Delicious
- have all the ingredients ready separately and combine them as close to the time of baking and serving as possible.
- or bake the biscuits for 10 minutes, brush with the butter mixture and finish baking them for the last 5 minutes before serving.
- or complete the recipe and rewarm for a few minutes in a 325F oven before serving.