Cheddar Biscuits With Bisquick
I am not a huge Red Lobster fan, but I do love these copycat cheddar biscuits with bisquick. Soft and warm and cheesy with a hint of garlic. Delish!
Servings (change as needed): 8 biscuits
- 2 cups Bisquick mix It comes in a box
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cold butter (OPTIONAL) Some say this makes the biscuits fluffier
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
To brush on baked biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes)
HEAT OVEN to 400F/204C.
MAKE DOUGH: In a medium bowl, combine Bisquick and garlic powder together with a fork. If using butter, add small chunks of butter and blend with your fingers or pastry cutter until the butter mixture is the size of peas. Add milk and cheese, then gently combine with a fork to form a soft dough. Do not over mix. Handle dough as little as possible.
BAKE: Spoon 8 lumps of biscuit dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (I line it with parchment paper). Bake 15 minutes until lightly browned. Remove biscuits from the oven.
MAKE BUTTER TOPPING: In a microwave-safe small bowl or measuring cup, add butter, garlic powder and parsley. Melt butter in microwave on high for 30 seconds.
FINISH: Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter mixture immediately using a pastry brush. Transfer to plate and serve warm.
Make Ahead: Here are 3 options to make them ahead
To make your own dough from scratch: Here's a great recipe from Damn Delicious
Nutritional values are estimated and do not include the optional cold butter.
- Make the dough ahead (but not more than 1-2 hours ahead). Then bake and brush them with butter before serving.
- Have all the ingredients ready separately and combine them as close to the time of baking and serving as possible.
- Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes, brush them with the butter mixture and finish baking them for the last 5 minutes before serving.
- To store leftovers: Store biscuits in a freezer-safe bag or airtight storage container for several days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 530mg | Potassium: 95mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 382IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 1mg