Grilled Peaches Recipe
This grilled peaches recipe will transform summer peaches into a bit of magic in less than 10 minutes. The true taste of summer!
Servings (change as needed): 6
- 6 ripe peaches
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar or maple syrup (brown sugar or white is fine)
- pinch ground cinnamon, nutmeg or cardamom (optional)
HEAT GRILL to medium-high temperature, about 450F/232C.
PREPARED PEACHES AND SEASONING: Wash the peaches, slice around the middle with a paring knife, separate the halves and remove the pits. To cut halves, I slice around the seam, twist each half in the opposite direction to separate. Microwave butter and sugar in a small microwavable dish. Stir to blend. Set aside.
GRILL PEACHES: Spray or brush grill and flesh side of the peaches with oil. Place peaches on grill grates, cut sides of the peaches, close lid and grill for about 2-3 minutes (check to see if you have some grill marks. Turn over using a spatula or tongs, brush with butter-sugar mixture and continue to heat another 2-3 minutes depending on the size of the peach. Peaches should still hold their shape well. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Make Ahead: This recipe can be made a couple of hours ahead. Serve at room temperature or, if desired, warm the peaches in the microwave for 45 seconds. I do this as prefer warm peaches. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutrition values are estimates and will depend on size of peaches and whether or not you use butter.
- For this grilled peaches recipe, it is not absolutely necessary to add the butter and sugar as peaches have natural sugars, but I highly recommend it. The extra calorie amount is tiny and the added flavor is well worth it in my opinion. You can skip the butter if you want though.
- Instead of butter and sugar, you can add a drizzle of honey and a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg or cardamom.
- Garnish with chopped mint leaves if you like.
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 548IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg