Skor Chocolate Chip Cookies
Crisp, delicate skor chocolate chip cookies have a caramel-chocolate taste that is pretty exceptional. Freeze the batter in balls and bake them as needed. Likely nightly!
Servings (change as needed): 60 cookies
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar (if you prefer less sweet, cut this down a bit)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 package Skor/Heath toffee bits (about 1 - 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 packages chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips) - about 2 cups
Preheat oven to 375F
MAKE COOKIE DOUGH: Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and well combined for about 2 minutes using an electric hand mixer and a large bowlAdd the egg and vanilla. Continue to beat for another 2 minutes.Add flour and baking soda by sifting it through a mesh strainer. Add oats. Beat mixture just until well combined. The mixture will be thick.Mix in the Skor bits and chocolate chunks by hand.
FORM COOKIES: Drop by 1 inch lumps (for small cookies) and 2 inch lumps (for medium size cookies) onto a parchment lined cookie pan. If you don't have parchment, use foil and spray with oil. Flatten cookies a little if you want them crispier.
BAKE: Bake for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of cookie and the texture you want (softer or crispier). Cool for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Make Ahead and Freeze
Nutrition Values are for smaller cookies (60 in a batch). This recipe make 48-60 cookies depending how big you like them.
- Dough will keep in fridge for 5-6 days.
- Cookies can be baked and frozen in a sealed container for up to a month
- Alternatively (I do this all the time), roll small balls from the cookie dough, flash freeze them on a tray in the freezer for 30 minutes, then pile them into a sealed plastic bag or sealed container - remove as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months (some say up to a year is ok). Bake from frozen at 375F for 10-14 minutes.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 104IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg