Sautéed Peppers with Caper Vinaigrette
For a colorful side dish of sautéed bell peppers, sauté peppers, whisk together a simple caper vinaigrette and toss everything together. Done in 12 minutes.
Servings (change as needed): 4
- 3 peppers (any colour), seeded, ribs removed and sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE: In a small bowl, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients except the capers. Then add capers. Set aside.
SAUTÉ PEPPERS: Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add peppers and sauté for 4-5 minutes until tender-crisp. Add minced garlic and continue to cook for a minute. Add vinaigrette to skillet and toss. Adjust seasonings as needed. Spoon sautéed bell peppers into a serving bowl. Top with chopped parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition values are estimates based on a nutrition calculator.
- Vinaigrette and seasoning variations:
- To change the flavor profile try a variation like taco seasoning, Mexican seasonings, Italian seasoning, or just fresh herbs like thyme or basil.
- Add red pepper flakes if you like spicy foods.
- Shortcut: buy a vinaigrette dressing and add capers
- More variations:
Try adding a red onion, sweet onions, green onions, asparagus or snap peas.
To make the dish a complete meal, add cooked sausages, quinoa, rice, tofu or chicken pieces.
- Instead of sautéing, char whole bell peppers on the BBQ. Peel off the blackened skin. Slice and seed them. Add the caper vinaigrette.
- Make Ahead
- Complete the dish and warm on the stove for a few minutes or in the microwave for 40-50 seconds.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2966IU | Vitamin C: 117mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg