Slow Roasted Salmon
Low heat cooking makes Slow Roasted Salmon incredibly moist and tender. And the zesty gremolata pairs beautifully for a gorgeous bold finish. Simple and elegant.
Servings (change as needed): 3 or 4 smaller portions
- 1 1/2 pound salmon fillet skin on (or 3-4 separate salmon fillets of 6-8 oz each)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 small green onions, chopped (or 1 large)
- 2 tablespoon white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
HEAT OVEN TO 275F. Line a pan with parchment for easy clean up. If you don't have parchment, use foil sprayed with oil.
PREPARE SALMON: Lay salmon, skin side down, on pan. Drizzle with olive oil (1-2 tsp) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread chopped green onion evenly over surface. Sprinkle wine (if using) on pan around salmon.
ROAST SALMON: for about 30 minutes. Check it after 20-25 minutes. How to tell if the salmon is done: an instant thermometer will read 120F for medium rare; the salmon will still be slightly translucent (look uncooked) on top; and a sharp knife will easily pierce the thickest part without any resistance. It will start to flake.
MAKE GREMOLATA: While salmon is roasting. combine chopped parsley, garlic, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside until salmon is cooked.
FINISH AND SERVE: Slip a spatula between skin and flesh of salmon. Lift salmon off (separating it from skin) to a serving platter. Leave in larger portions or cut into large pieces (which is what I do). Sprinkle with gremolata. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature. Note 1 to make ahead.
Nutrition values are estimates and include the white wine.
- Make Ahead: The gremolata can be made 4-5 hours ahead. The salmon recipe can be made ahead, cooled to room temperature and served as an appetizer or a main dish. Or it can be refrigerated for up to two days and served cold.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 1201mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1013IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3mg