Tips for grilling sweet and sticky chicken wings:
- Be sure to oil the grill to prevent sticking. I also spray the wings with oil before putting them on the grill.
- Add the sauce only in the last 5-6 minutes of grilling at the higher heat. This will prevent burning and sticking from the sugar content.
- Don't overcook the wings if you like the meat moist, not dry. The temperature should be 160-165F.
- The total time to cook wings will be 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the wings and how hot the grill is. Large or whole wings will take a few minutes longer.
Nutrition values are estimates based on 1 lb wings per person which is typically a larger portion of wings.
- Grill the wings - with no glaze - until almost, but not quite, cooked over lower heat. Set aside or refrigerate. Finish on grill with glaze for the last 6-8 minutes.
- Or, make the full grilled chicken wings recipe ahead (don't overcook them) and warm the wings in a 350F oven for 5 -7 minutes or in the microwave for a minute or two.