Pecan Crusted Salmon
Get mouth watering maple balsamic Pecan Crusted Salmon on the table in 20 minutes and enjoy the nutty texture on a rich coating of maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and parsley. Simple, good, fast and pretty.
Servings (change as needed): 2
- 2 salmon fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar (good quality)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced (or 1/8 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
PREHEAT OVEN to 425F. Line a small pan with foil and spray with oil.
SEASON SALMON: Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
MAKE MARINADE: Place all marinade/sauce ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup. Microwave for 15 seconds until butter is melted. Use half of sauce to coat top and sides of salmon. Reserve remaining sauce for drizzling. (If you have time, to enhance flavour, place half of cooled marinade in ziploc bag and add salmon. Marinate for 15-20 minutes then discard marinade).
TOP WITH PECANS: Place pecans on flat plate and dip top and sides of salmon in pecans to adhere. Or sprinkle top and sides of salmon with pecans, pressing lightly to adhere.
BAKE AND SERVE: Bake, with nut topping side up, for 10-12 minutes depending on thickness of salmon (bake 10 minutes per inch of thickness). Salmon should be easy to flake but still be warm pink in middle (not dry and pale light pink). If salmon has skin on bottom, to remove it, slip spatula between skin and flesh. Lift and transfer to plate. Drizzle with remaining sauce.
- The sauce can be made a day or two ahead. The pecans can be chopped ahead as well.
- If you want to serve the salmon the next day, cool or at room temperature, you can make the entire dish a day ahead, cool then cool refrigerate covered. Set it on the counter and bring it to room temperature a half an hour before serving.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 579kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 1091mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 968IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3mg