Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe with Grape Relish
This company-worthy whole roasted cauliflower recipe with grape relish becomes a beautiful centerpiece with its bright fruity zesty topping.
Servings (change as needed): 6 sides (or 3 mains)
- 1 large head of cauliflower
Dressing for Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon water
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smoked or regular)
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce for mild spice (or more)
- 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper (or more to taste)
- zest from 1 small lemon
- juice from 1 small lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon currants
- 1 cup chopped seedless grapes (I use purple)
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425F. Line oven proof pan with tin foil. I use a cast iron pan or small baking pan
PREPARE AND ROAST CAULIFLOWER: Remove green leaves from underside of cauliflower. Cut off stem of core to ensure a flat bottom. Cut some of core out, careful not to dislodge any branches. Mix all ingredients for cauliflower dressing in a small measuring cup. Turn cauliflower over, core side up. Pour half of dressing to coat inside of cauliflower as much as possible. Rub remaining dressing over top of cauliflower. Place cauliflower in pan. Add half cup water to pan. Cover completely with tin foil. Place in oven to steam and soften for 20 minutes. Shortcut (Note 1) To make ahead (Note 2). Uncover cauliflower and place back in oven to roast for 20-30 minutes, uncovered, until browned and knife pierces it easily.
MAKE GRAPE RELISH: While cauliflower is roasting, mix all relish ingredients in a bowl to combine well.
SERVE: Place roasted cauliflower on a plate (or over a bed of quinoa or rice). Top with grape relish. To serve, slice down to cut wedges.
- SHORTCUT TO STEAM CAULIFLOWER: Place in microwave bowl/plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 6-8 minutes on high or until tender crisp. Continue with roasting as per instructions above.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: Make relish and do first parting of steaming/microwaving ahead. Do final uncovered roasting before serving or a bit ahead, then keep in a warm oven.