Butternut Squash Noodle Recipe
Step aside carb-y pasta! We're stir frying spriralized butternut squash noodles with butter, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and garlic to make a delicious side dish in 10 minutes.
Servings (change as needed): 3 -4 side dishes
- 3/4 pound spiralized butternut squash, Note 1 approximately 4 cups
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
Balsamic Butter Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar good quality
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce light or low sodium is fine
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic 1 small clove
- 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and black pepper (or to taste)
- OPTIONAL: pinch sugar or maple syrup; 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (thyme or chives)
MAKE SAUCE: In a medium skillet or wok, heat all the sauce ingredients on medium-high heat for 1 minute until fragrant.
STIR FRY: Add spiralized squash and stir fry, tossing frequently, for about 3-4 minutes just until tender but not too soft (it should still have a bite - al dente). Add chopped spinach and mix for another 30-60 seconds until wilted. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt, pepper and a teaspoon of maple syrup if desired. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh herbs if you like.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 465mg | Potassium: 622mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 16038IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg