Melted Olive Cheese Appetizers Recipe
Melted Olive Cheese Appetizers are fabulous, quick and easy to make and are a consistently "can I have the recipe?" recipe. Freezes well.
Servings (change as needed): 64 pieces
- 1 cup chopped pitted olives (I use black)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions (green and white part)
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (I use white) or emmental
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (light is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- salt to taste (don't use if olives are very salty)
- 8 English muffins, halved
Preheat oven to 400F.
PREPARE OLIVE-CHEESE MIXTURE: Place all ingredients in a bowl (except muffins) and mix with a spoon until well combined.
ASSEMBLE: Divide mixture onto the 16 muffin halves and spread evenly to cover. Cut each muffin half into 4 quarters to make 64 pieces in all. To freeze (Note 1)
BAKE: Lay appetizer pieces on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Best served hot, but also good at room temperature.
- To freeze (before baking): Place pieces on a baking sheet and put in freezer for 45 minutes until frozen. Pile pieces into a ziploc bag, then put back in freezer to use when needed. No need to defrost before baking.