Roasted Salmon Stuffed With Herbs (20 minutes)
Roasted Salmon Stuffed With Herbs is infused with delicate herbs, lemon and wine to create a delicious main dish. Succulent, healthy and ready in 20 minutes.
Servings (change as needed): 2
- 2 salmon fillets, skin on or off (6-8 ounces each)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/4 large lemon)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup combination of minced herbs ( I use parsley, green onions or chives plus e.g. dill, basil, chervil or cilantro)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (cooking wine is fine too)
- Garnish Options: Note 1
Preheat oven to 425F. Line a pan with foil sprayed with oil (for easier clean up).
PREPARE SALMON FILLETS: Lay salmon on pan. Make slits crosswise on each fillet as deep as possible without cutting into the skin - about 1/4 inch above the skin or bottom of salmon is good. Reserve a tablespoon of herbs for garnish. Stuff the rest of herbs into the slits and sprinkle a bit more on top of salmon. Drizzle salmon with oil, squeeze the lemon over the fish and season generously with salt and pepper. You can let the salmon sit and marinate for 15 minutes if you have time.
ROAST SALMON TO PERFECTION: Add wine to the pan around the salmon. Roast for 10-12 minutes or just until salmon is easy to flake and is warm pink in the middle for moist medium to medium-rare (not white pale pink as this will be dry). Rule of thumb is 10 minutes per inch of thickness, but slightly less might be needed because of slits in salmon.
SERVE: If salmon has skin on bottom, to remove it, slip spatula between skin and flesh. Lift and transfer to plate. Sprinkle reserved herbs on top and serve with lemon wedges and garnish option.
Nutrition value estimates do not include your choice of garnish.
- Garnish options
- Basil mayonnaise (combine 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, lemon zest or a squeeze of lemon juice and finely chopped basil); Other herbs like dill can be substituted;
- Drizzle of Spicy Sweet Thai Sauce (my fave);
- Drizzle of Balsamic Reduction;
- Drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil;
- Lemon wedges
- Make Ahead: To serve cold or at room temperature, make the full recipe up to a day ahead. When salmon cools down, refrigerate it, well covered. Sprinkle additional chopped herbs on top before serving along with lemon wedges and preferred garnish.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 872mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 385IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg