Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Pecans
The combination of pure maple syrup, fresh lime and toasted pecans elevate these glazed sweet potatoes to a wickedly good side dish.
Servings (change as needed): 6 (or 4 larger servings)
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (2 large), peeled and cut into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans (Note 1)
- 6 tablespoon pure Maple Syrup
- 1 medium lime, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon
Preheat oven to 425F.
ROAST SWEET POTATOES: Place sweet potato pieces on a pan that is lined with foil and sprayed with oil. Toss with oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 20-25 minutes, turning half way through, until potatoes are tender and edges begin browning.
MAKE MAPLE-LIME GLAZE: While potatoes are roasting, combine all glaze ingredients in a microwave bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir.
ASSEMBLE: Place roasted sweet potatoes in a serving bowl. Drizzle maple-lime glaze over potatoes. Toss to cover evenly. Sprinkle toasted pecans on top. And extra lime zest if desired. Serve.
Nutrition values are estimates.
- To toast pecan pieces, place on tray in preheated oven at 350F for about 6-7 minutes until aroma is evident and nuts are lightly toasted. Let cool to crisp up.
- To make ahead: Roast sweet potatoes and make the maple lime drizzle ahead of time. Before serving, assemble potatoes, drizzle over maple lime sauce and sprinkle with pecans. Heat in 375F oven for 10-15 minutes. Or in the microwave on High for about 2 minutes.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 296mg | Potassium: 591mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 21510IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg