Lemon Shrimp Pasta in 30 Minutes
This Lemon Pasta with Shrimp is out of this world. The lemon shines through, the capers and garlic give it extra oomph and the butter makes it rich and silky. Seriously good!
Servings (change as needed): 5
- 2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (16-21 per pound)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb spaghettinni or angel hair pasta (375 g/12 ounces)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 large lemon - the juice and the zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated (frozen cubes ok too)
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 400F. Have all ingredients ready to go.
ROAST SHRIMP: Pat shrimp dry and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Lay them in a single layer on a foil-lined pan. Roast for 6-8 minutes until pink and barely no longer translucent. Don't overcook.
COOK PASTA: Boil pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving one cup of the pasta liquid for the sauce.
MAKE LEMON SAUCE: While pasta is boiling, heat butter in a large pan on medium-low. Add all the other sauce ingredients except parsley (including spinach and tomatoes if using). Mix well for 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
ASSEMBLE: Add the hot pasta to the sauce and toss together. Add less than 1/2 cup of reserved pasta liquid to make a smooth consistency (use more if needed). Add roasted shrimp with juice in pan. Sprinkle on parsley. Toss together, adjust seasonings if needed and serve immediately.
Serving: 5g | Calories: 617kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 481mg | Sodium: 1999mg | Potassium: 631mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3327IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 328mg | Iron: 6mg