Peach Salad Recipe With Walnut Dressing
This beautiful peach salad recipe puts those juicy ripe peaches of summer in the spotlight and is easy to prep ahead. Just add the deliciously rich, nutty walnut dressing before serving.
Servings (change as needed): 4 -6
- 2 -3 ripe peaches, sliced or cut in chunks no need to remove skin
- 1 cup shredded celeriac (about ½ celeriac peeled and shredded with box grater)
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 6 cups lettuce greens Note 1
- Garnish and other add-in ideas: chopped/sliced avocado, feta or goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, ½ cup cooked quinoa, herbs, etc.
- ¾ cup -1 cup walnuts Note 2
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest from 1 small lemon or ½ large)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar Note 3
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste (I used about ½ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoon of chopped thyme or chives
- ½ cup olive oil
TOAST WALNUTS: Do this first. While nuts are toasting, do your chopping and cutting. Heat oven or toaster oven to 350F. Place walnuts in pan. Roast for 8-11 minutes until fragrant. Let cool.
ASSEMBLE SALAD: Place greens on a platter or wide mouthed bowl. Scatter peaches and radishes on top and any other garnish/fillings you're using.
MAKE WALNUT DRESSING: Add all walnut dressing ingredients to food processor. Pulse until walnuts are coarsely chopped. If you don't have a processor, chop walnuts, add other ingredients except oil, then whisk in oil until well blended. Drizzle dressing over peach salad.
- Salad greens: some good options are arugula, frisee lettuce, gem lettuce or spring lettuce mix. Actually, any greens will do.
- Walnut alternatives: If you don't have walnuts (or have an allergy to them), try pecans, skinned hazelnuts or macademia nuts instead. Toast them first.
- White balsamic vinegar alternatives: white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar or lemon juice.
- Make Ahead:
Nutrition values are estimates based on 4 generous portions and ¾ cup walnuts.
- The peach salad can be prepped ahead. Just add the walnut dressing (which can be made several days ahead) before serving.
- If you are using avocado, apples or pears and want to cut them up a couple of hours ahead, toss them with a bit of lemon juice to keep them from browning.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 470mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4243IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2mg