White Chocolate Bark (5 minutes prep)
White Chocolate Bark (or any bark for that matter) is pretty much the easiest sweet treat you can possibly make. Endless flavor possibilities, 2-3 ingredients, 5 minutes to put together and 20-30 minutes to chill. Creamy, melt in your mouth, deliciousness.
Servings (change as needed): 16 pieces
- 16 ounces (340 grams) white chocolate chips, bar or wafers, Note 1
Optional Fillings (Note 2)
- 3/4 cups 100-130 grams fillings e.g, roasted nuts, dried fruit or others
Optional Toppings (Note 3)
- Sprinkling or handful of a topping you like
Optional Flavorings (Note 4)
PREPARE PAN: Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
MELT WHITE CHOCOLATE: Place white chocolate in the microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High in 30 second increments. This means do 30 seconds, stir, another 30 seconds, stir and another 30 seconds - until chocolate melts into a smooth spreadable consistency.
STIR IN FILLINGS (if using): Mix in roasted nuts, dried fruit or other fillings of your choice (note 2). Stir in a couple of drops of flavor extracts if you like (optional). If you are making white chocolate peppermint bark, skip this step.
SPREAD OUT MIXTURE: Pour white chocolate mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread in even thin layer, about 1/4 inch/64mm.
ADD TOPPINGS (optional): Sprinkle on toppings of your choice (note 3), gently pressing them into chocolate to help them adhere. Sprinkle lightly with fine sea salt if desired.
CHILL AND BREAK INTO PIECES: Place baking sheet of chocolate into fridge. Chill until hardened, about 20-30 minutes. Break into pieces.
Nutrition values are loose estimate for 1 ounce/21 grams white chocolate with almonds.
- good types of white chocolate: Ghirardelli classic white baking chips, Callebaut white chocolate (Belgian), Ghiradelli white melting wafers, Guittard and Toll House white chocolate chips.
- white chocolate substitutes: try dark chocolate, milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate.
- How to roast nuts. If you didn't buy roasted nuts, heat oven or toaster oven to 350F/177C. Spread nuts in a single layer on pan. Roast for 5-7 minutes until fragrant. Cool. Chop with knife or put in a small bag and smash gently with bottom or a pan or rolling pin.
- Nut options: almonds, cashews, macadamia, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts or pecans.
- Dried fruit: cranberries, raisins, apricots, cherries or others
- Others: crushed pretzels, bits of oreo cookies
- Toppings options to sprinkle (choose what you like):
- save a few nuts or dried fruit to sprinkle on top
- toasted coconut
- skor bits
- crushed peppermint candies or candy canes. If you can't find pre-crushed candy, put the candies in a bag and smash them with the bottom of a heavy glass.
- festive sprinkles - coordinate colors with holidays e.g. red and green for Christmas, blue and yellow for Chanukah, black and orange for Halloween.
- zest - lemon, lime or orange zest
- sea salt - delish.
- try adding a couple of drops of flavored extracts like vanilla extract, peppermint, orange or rum.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1mg