Best Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
Our best chicken quesadilla recipe with fresh basil, spicy sweet chili sauce, peaches, brie and a Balsamic glaze drizzle couldn't be easier. Perfect for summer or any weeknight meal.
Servings (change as needed): 2
- 1 large or 2 small ripe peaches, thinly sliced (no need to remove skin)
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 3 ounce brie cheese. No need to remove rind. (8 slices 1/4 inch thick).
- 1 tablespoon (or more) of chopped fresh basil (or chives)
- 4 teaspoon spicy sweet chili sauce (or to taste)
- 2 flour tortillas 6-8 inch
- Balsamic glaze for a drizzle finish Note 1 (optional)
MAKE THE QUESADILLAS: Heat 10-12 inch cast iron or non stick skillet to medium. Spray skillet with oil. Place two tortillas in skillet. Half of each tortilla can stand up along the side of the skillet if you don't have room. On half of each tortilla, layer chicken, peaches, basil. Drizzle on some sweet chili sauce then add brie on top. Fold over tortilla to make two half circles/moons. Let cook for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. (TIP: If desired, place a heavy skillet on top of quesadillas while cooking to keep layers in place.) Transfer to cutting board.
SERVE: Cut each quesadilla into 2-4 wedges, slicing down firmly with a knife. Drizzle with balsamic glaze if using. Note 1.
Nutrition values are estimates based on a nutrition calculator.
- To make your own balsamic glaze: Heat 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar and 1/2 Tablespoon honey, maple syrup or brown sugar in a saucepan until it start to bubble. Lower the heat a bit and continue cooking for 5-6 minutes until reduced by half and it coats the back of a spoon. (I often use a store bought balsamic reduction/glaze)
Serving: 0g | Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 611mg | Potassium: 387mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 549IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 2mg