Easy Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
This easy cheesy chicken quesadilla recipe with brie cheese, peaches, fresh basil, spicy sweet chili sauce and a balsamic glaze drizzle is gooey and bursting with fresh flavors in just over 10 minutes.
Servings (change as needed): 2
- 1 large or 2 small ripe peaches, thinly sliced (no need to remove skin)
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 3 ounce brie cheese. No need to remove rind. Note 1 (8 slices 1/4 inch thick).
- 1 tablespoon (or more) of chopped fresh basil (or chives)
- 4 teaspoon spicy sweet chili sauce (or to taste)
- 2 flour tortillas 6-8 inch
- Balsamic glaze for a drizzle finish Note 2 (optional)
Nutrition values are estimates based on a nutrition calculator.
- Cheese alternatives: Some good choices for melty cheeses are Mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, Colby jack, a Mexican grated blend, Gruyere, Fontina, Havarti.
- To make your own balsamic glaze: I often use a store bought balsamic reduction/glaze but you can also make your own: Heat 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar and 1/2 Tablespoon honey, maple syrup or brown sugar in a saucepan until it start to bubble. Lower the heat a bit and continue cooking for 5-6 minutes until reduced by half and it coats the back of a spoon.
- Variations and substitutes:
- Vegetarian option: Leave out the chicken. Just as good!
- Gluten-free option: buy gluten free tortillas
- Low carb version: buy low carb tortillas and skip the sweet chili sauce.
- Instead of sweet chili sauce, drizzle on a bit of honey or maple syrup
- Add a small amount of butter to the pan instead of the oil for a richer flavor.
- Use mango, apricots, thinly sliced apples or pear instead of peaches.
- Make ahead:
- To freeze: flash freeze on a tray for 30 minutes, then place in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- To reheat: Stovetop – heat on medium-high heat for 1 minute per side. Microwave – on High in 30 second increments (it won’t be crisp this way). Toaster oven – preheat the oven to 350°F/177C and place the quesadilla on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, flipping it once, until it’s hot and the cheese is melted.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 611mg | Potassium: 387mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 549IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 2mg