Our Peach, Chicken and Brie Quesadilla is perfect for summer and peach season with fresh basil, spicy sweet chili sauce and a Balsamic glaze drizzle. Yum!
In the lazy hot days of summer, with some leftover chicken on hand and some juicy ripe peaches, you can have a snack, dinner or appetizer on the table in just over 10 minutes. I’m definitely good with that.
There are hundreds of quesadilla combos to choose from of course. My main inspiration was peaches which have just come into season in Ontario Canada. I also had some chicken and brie in the fridge, so…. The combination is really tasty and has a little bit of sweet heat if you care to add it. The outside is crispy. The inside is melty and delicious. And I think I mentioned how easy these quesadillas are to make. To make things even simpler, I use a bottled balsamic glaze, but I’ve added instructions on how to make your own if you prefer.
- Most agree that the half moon technique is best. In other words, use one tortilla, fill half of it, then fold it in half before flipping instead of trying to flip two separate tortillas with the filling in between.
- Don’t fill the tortillas too much or the filling will leak out. Keep it simple.
- Spray the pan or the tortillas with oil for added crispiness. Don’t use olive oil.
- Get all your ingredients prepped ahead, then build and cook the quesadillas right in the skillet (or pancake griddle).
- Vegetarian option: Just leave out the chicken. Just as good!
- If you don’t like spice/heat, leave out the sweet chili sauce and drizzle a bit of honey on instead (or a pinch of brown sugar).
- Add a small amount of butter to the pan instead of the oil.
- Use mango instead of peaches
- Other quesadilla combinations:
- sauteed mushrooms, baby spinach and fontina cheese
- peach salsa and harvarti cheese
- chopped olives, peppers and feta cheese
- sauteed chopped beef/hamburger, BBQ sauce and cheddar
- Gruyere cheese and fig or peach jam
- salsa and cheese
- olive tepanade and Monterey Jack cheese
Here’s another one of our favourite ways to use summer ripe peaches:
And another popular appetizer:
Chicken Lettuce Wraps (PF Chang-ish) Get the recipe