Sous Vide Thai Mixed Vegetable & Tofu Recipe
This SousVide Thai Mixed Vegetable & Tofu dish allows you time with your guests and ensures a delicious meal. The SousVide method delivers a perfect cook every time.
Servings (change as needed): 2
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk (I used light)
- 1/2 Broccoli Head, cut into florets
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 3 Thai Green Chilies, diced
- 1 Lemongrass Stalk
- 1/2 package Firm Tofu, cut into 2"x1" strips (can use medium-firm, but will fall apart more)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Basil Handful, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoon Green Curry Paste
- 1 Lime, wedged (garnish)
- 1 cup Cooked Rice (or enough for 2 people)
PREHEAT SousVide machine or circulator to 183 degrees F
PREPARE VEGETABLES: Prep all your vegetables by slicing, dicing and mincing according to the ingredient list. Hit the lemongrass stalk with a blunt object a few times (this releases the flavor). Put all the ingredients into a SousVide bag except for the lime and rice. Don't worry too much about mixing it up at this point as once the bag is sealed it will be easier to do.
SEAL VEGETABLES IN BAG: If using a vacuum sealer: Place pouch in the vacuum sealer making sure the liquid and ingredients are at the bottom of the pouch and that there are no food particles where the bag will be sealed. Start by pressing the vacuum seal button and once the liquid begins to move to the top of the bag, switch to seal only (you don't want the liquid spilling out). Give the bag a shake to make sure all vegetables are coated. (Note 1 for alternative seal)
COOK and SERVE: Place bag in SousVide, ensuring it is fully submerged in the water, and let it cook for 30 mins. Slice open bag and pour out vegetable Thai mixture over cooked rice and serve with lime wedges on side.
- To seal in ziploc: Instead of using a vacuum seal, place ingredients in ziploc bag. Lower bag into water just until seal for bag is above water line. Air will be pushed out. Then seal bag.