Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
Peanut chicken lovers will appreciate this quick Peanut Chicken Broccoli Slaw Stir Fry. An easy weeknight dinner that also makes great leftovers for lunch.
Servings (change as needed): 3
- 185 grams fettuccini, linguine, spaghetti or rice noodles (about 1/2 of some pasta boxes)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in bit size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cup broccoli slaw (about 1/2 package)
- 1 head fresh broccoli florets, chopped (optional)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach or more (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 3 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce - low sodium
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or lemon)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each, grated ginger and garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon sriracha
MAKE NOODLES: Boil noodles in salted water as per package directions. Drain - reserving a cup of pasta water - and set aside.
MAKE PEANUT SAUCE: Place all peanut sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smoothly combined.
STIR FRY CHICKEN: Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a pan (preferably non stick) to medium high. Stir fry chicken for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
STIR FRY VEGETABLES: Add a little more oil if needed and heat to medium high. Add onions, peppers, broccoli florets (if using) and broccoli slaw. Stir fry for 5 minutes until tender.
FINISH STIR FRY: Add cooked chicken, cooked noodles and peanut sauce to the vegetables. Add baby spinach if using. Stir to combine everything and cook for a couple of minutes until heated through and spinach wilts. Add a bit of pasta water at a time until you get the consistency you want (you will likely not need it all). Sprinkle on sesame seeds and serve.
Make Ahead: The dish can be made ahead, stored in an airtight container in the fridge and warmed in the microwave. It's great cold too.
Nutrition values are estimates.
Calories: 682kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 149mg | Sodium: 1140mg | Potassium: 1945mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 4850IU | Vitamin C: 311mg | Calcium: 202mg | Iron: 5mg