One Pan Roast Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
Make a delicious family dinner with this One Pan Roast Chicken and Vegetable recipe. Succulent chicken with your favourite roast veggies. Pure comfort food!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Servings (change as needed): 4
- 1 large sweet potato (1 pound), peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 yukon or red potatoes (1 pound), washed, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red pepper, cored and seeded, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 15-20 brussel sprouts, outer leaves off, cut in half
- 1/2 large onion, peeled, cut in 1-2 inch pieces
- zest of one lemon
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano. thyme or rosemary (or 1 tbsp. dried)
- 2 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves) or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each, salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole chicken 3 1/2 - 4 pounds, giblets removed, legs tied together (I get a kosher one as it's already brined).
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425F.
PREPARE VEGETABLES: Place all vegetables, seasonings, herbs, lemon zest and oil in a large bowl. Toss to mix evenly. Pour vegetables onto a large pan with sides that is lined with foil and sprayed WELL with oil (important so they don't stick).
PREPARE CHICKEN: Pat chicken inside and out with a paper towel. Mix Dijon, oil, paprika and thyme in a small bowl. Rub mixture inside and outside chicken, including under breast skin (lift it gently so it doesn't tear). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken on top of vegetables.
ROAST CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES: Place pan with vegetables in oven. Roast until instant thermometer inserted in chicken breast reads 160F, about 55-75 minutes, depending on size of chicken. Transfer chicken to cutting board and tent with foil to let it rest for 20 minutes. Stir vegetables and return to oven for another 10-20 minutes. If desired, make a gravy or sauce for chicken.
FINISH AND SERVE: Cut chicken into 4-8 pieces. Transfer vegetables and chicken to a platter and serve with gravy, savoury peach sauce, cranberry sauce, or chunky apple sauce.